For are first try on Maya we taught how to make a can of coke in Maya.
- The first thing I did was to get the cylinder to the stage by clicking on the cylinder shaded icon at the polygon list.
- The next thing I did was changing the cylinder from object mode to face mode.
- I then highlighted the top and bottom of the cylinder and click on edit mesh, extrude and I then pulled upwards with the move tool.
- One I did that I then used the scale tool to scale the top and bottom sides inwards.
- While still on face mode I click on edit mesh extrude and scaled both sides inward again. And at the tips of the cylinder (wich is know looking like a can) I left clicked on vertex mode and pushed it out a bit
- I left clicked on face mode, click on edit mesh extrude, I used the move to push the top of the can down a bit I then clicked on click on edit mesh extrude, I used the scale tool to push it inward and the move tool to push it upwards.
- One little thing I did to the cylinder was, changing the mesh from face mode to vertex mode. This was I could use the move too to give the bottom of the can an indent.
- It was around this point that I finished modeling the can of coke, and It was time for me to add the red Coke wrapping paper. So by doing that I had to highlight the parts I wanted the red wrapping paper to be on.
I then left click and clicked on Assign New Material, then a tab popped up and I clicked on Phong up bringing another tab. I clicked on the black and white box on colour.
- After clicking the white and black box, a tab opened called Render Node. I clicked on files and a new tab popped up, I clicked on the yellow folder and a tab popped open, so I ended up clicking on the Cola label.
- I then pressed 6 to put the label on the Can.
Making the coke can made me remember some of the 3D things I learnt from last year. One thing I learnt this year was adding Images to the mesh