Charcoal study

My first attempt didn’t go well I got frustrated with it because I couldn’t get the lighting correctly. Plus the sketch behind it was rough so it was hard to tell what was what.

I did this in 30mins.

IMG_2320

My second attempted was better than the first but the only problem what that it was meant to be a test run for me to figure out the dark and light values. I end up spending a lot longer with about an 1 hour. With it i was a lot more relaxed and confident moving on to make a larger one.

My third attempt was by far the beast with the help of the second attempt i was looking more closely to the reference image than I did with the first attempt.  By far the biggest challenge was to get the anatomy right. That’s because In every recreation i have struggled to get sword hand right. The arm is always longer than the other but other than that it was very swell.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s