After posting the gangster concept I was told that I could add some Japaneses influence to it. Once that was said I looked up Japaneses masks, as you can see in almost all of the mask there is a circle like thingy on the eye bit, these bits were bored form the plague mask. I did this just to change it up a bit, same goes for the paint. When making this I thought it would be worn by the gangsters.
Miss mash of different gangster types with different clothing and all. When making this I we were not sure on the rules on how we could or could not take it, that’s why there is a dude holding a canon. And back then we weren’t sure how we would treat background characters or gang members. Now we know that to save on time and energy we would somehow reduce the complexity of the background characters.
On my first batch of the protagonist face I just threw out Idea with different ages and face shapes.
On my second batch I concentrated more on the race, would the hair be curly or tied up in a certain way.
I started of character performan with the ballarina, it wasn’t that great but it was a easing in process into character performance. The inter shabang for this was to help with forming strong poses.
The next was creating footages of me and othere performing the actions we wanted to animate and useing using performances from dick van dike and e.c.t. This part was by far the most challenging that’s because I needed to record my self acting like an imbecile for people to watch. Another thing that I found kind of difficult was trying to perfectly mimic the footage.
I also dabbled on lighting a stage but for something simple like this I wasn’t that great at it, one thing I couldn’t add to it was shadows from the light being blocked.
We also did a mouth lesson which helped me with the final render animations talking and facial animation.
For my showreel I used all the character animation I had, I even tried to complete one but couldn’t because of time so I polish it of. There were some files I couldn’t add that’s because the file its self was corrupted.
One major problem I had was were some of the files not being able to save due to some problem or another, one of the problem I had was dealing with file not wanting to save, That is why they don’t have any files
Final render I had help with the rendering and lighting. Before all of this I had to create the background, you can’t see this but the background is of a basketball court. For this final render I had to fix some issues, like the old wrench mans coming out of push of pushing the wrench, Plus animating the facial expression and mouth movement.